Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate & Beer???

Yes...yummy, "melts in your mouth", sinful chocolate. What can I say? I just cannot think what the world would be like without it and yet my curves desperately tell me otherwise. So, what is it about this sweet treat that always seems to give us comfort? It is always there during heartbreak, when we are sick, when we have reasons to celebrate, as a gift, to congratulate, to show how much we love someone...the list just goes on and on. And who would have thought that the cacao tree which produces chocolate has actually been around for over 10,000 years and that thanks to Christopher Columbus and Spanish explorer Hernan Cortes we are able to enjoy this headache-curing, cramp-clearing, nature-made goodness! Oh how biased do I sound, because let's be honest, there are people in this world that actually do not like chocolate which is OK, but those who are allergic, my heart goes out to you.

Now, as I drastically change the route of this first post, let me introduce the second part of this blogs name. But first, I must clarify one thing. I love beer; I learned to brew it while I was at Florida International University completing my bachelors in Hospitality management and it is more than just a bitter taste in your mouth. It is the aroma of the hops, the time it takes to ferment, it is the perfect compliment to a juicy burger, and a refreshing drink on a hot sunny day. The reason why it is a major part of this blog, is because it opens the door for conversation and story telling. It somehow brings me back memories of wonderful happy moments in my life, and also of things I would like to share...but all in due time. A word of wisdom to you amateur beer brewing courageous people- experiment all you want but stay away from berry flavor beer.
Oh soooo not good at all!

So what on earth is a registered nurse doing blogging about food? Well, you see food is my first love. Don't get me wrong, I am a damn good nurse but my sanctuary is the kitchen. The satisfaction that my cooking gives people is priceless. To me, that is what makes the burns, the heat, the cuts and the many failed attempts making what is perfect to my standards, a mouth watering tiramisu all worth while. With that, I end this intro but not before I share a quote that perhaps some of you have read...


“If you never did you should. These things are fun and fun is good” ~ Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

  1. love it my friend!!!!

    that picture looks like bridgette when she was 5y/o.

    love u bridge!

    ReplyDelete